Hello! We’re looking for Living Room Show hosts in January. Please read everything below and get in touch if you live in or near one of these cities and want to host a show. These will be Alec solo acoustic shows, no stage, no sound system.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: December 1.
TICKETS ON SALE: December 8 @ 3pm (central time).
The Jan 7 : San Diego CA
Fri Jan 8 : Phoenix AZ
Sat Jan 9 : Tucson AZ
Sun Jan 10 : El Paso NM
Mon Jan 11 : OFF
Tue Jan 12 : Dallas TX
Wed Jan 13 : Austin TX
Thu Jan 14 : Houston TX
Fri Jan 15 : New Orleans LA
Sat Jan 16 : OFF
Sun Jan 17 : OFF
Mon Jan 18 : OFF
Tue Jan 19 : Orlando FL
Wed Jan 20 : Tampa FL
Thu Jan 21 : Savannah GA
Fri Jan 22 : Atlanta GA
Sat Jan 23 : Charleston SC
Sun Jan 24 : North Carolina
Mon Jan 25 : OFF
Tue Jan 26 : Virginia
Wed Jan 27 : Baltimore MD
Thu Jan 28 : Washington DC
Fri Jan 29 : Philadelphia PA
Sat Jan 30 : Philadelphia PA
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about 3 hours, check names off the list at the door… in return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
1. Please read everything below so you know how it works.
2. email firstname.lastname@example.org this info:
– a. Your address.
– b. A few photos of your living room.
– c. Please put “CYHSY Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
3. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your place.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft, small gallery, studio or other private space that can comfortably and safely host 40-50 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $20. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. These shows sell out quickly and we want everyone to have a fair opportunity to buy tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so random people don’t try to show up and pay at the door.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is an armless chair for Alec to sit on and some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer to help create a cozy mood.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
10. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
11. We love dogs and cats… we really do! But an excitable pet running around during the show can be distracting for the guests and performers. If you have curious and friendly 4-legged family members, would you be ok with putting them in another part of the house or sending them to a friend’s house during the show?