4 minute read
Living Room Tour November 2015
Tickets are on sale for the November Living Room Tour. These are Alec solo acoustic shows, no stage, no sound system. Each show limited to 40-50 tickets.
SUN NOV 01 : Pittsburgh PA – SOLD OUT
MON NOV 02 : Toronto ONT – SOLD OUT
TUE NOV 03 : Cleveland OH – SOLD OUT
WED NOV 04 : Indianpolis IN – SOLD OUT
THU NOV 05 : Chicago IL – SOLD OUT
FRI NOV 06 : Milwaukee WI – SOLD OUT
SAT NOV 07 : Minneapolis MN – SOLD OUT
TUE NOV 10 : Spokane WA @ The Bartlett
WED NOV 11 : Seattle WA – SOLD OUT
THU NOV 12 : Portland OR – SOLD OUT
SAT NOV 14 : Reno NV – SOLD OUT
SUN NOV 15 : Oakland CA – SOLD OUT
TUE NOV 17 : Los Angeles CA – SOLD OUT
# # #
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about 3 hours, check names off the list at the door… in return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
Please read everything below and then get in touch if you would like to host a show.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft, small gallery, studio or other private space that can comfortably and safely host 40-50 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $20. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. These shows sell out quickly and we want everyone to have a fair opportunity to buy tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so random people don’t try to show up and pay at the door.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is an armless chair for Alec to sit on and some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer to help create a cozy mood.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
10. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
If you are interested, please follow these steps:
1. email firstname.lastname@example.org this info:
– a. Your address.
– b. A few photos of your living room.
– c. Please put “CYHSY Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
2. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your place.